We are excited to announce the continuation of the Interview Travel Grant! As graduate students prepare to graduate, they also face having to interview as part of the job search or to secure internships as part of their programs’ final requirement. Through this new initiative, students will be able to procure funds for travel to interviews for both post-graduate positions and graduate internships. Each student can request up to $550 of interview travel support to defray travel costs for either one individual interview or for multiple interviews during the 2018-2019 academic year.
Recipients of the Interview Travel Grant must use the award during the 2018-2019 academic year. These funds will reimburse travel that was approved with a Travel Authorization Form during the 2018-2019 academic year. All reimbursements must be submitted by April 26, 2019 (last day of the academic calendar).
TIMELINE AND DEADLINES
Dates and timelines are subject to change
The 2018-2019 cycle includes travel from August 17, 2018 through April 26, 2019
- Applications Open: August 8, 2018
- Applications due: October 1, 2018 11:59 PM MST
- Decisions Announced: Mid-October
- Receipts due by April 27, 2019
- Can cover cost of travel through Spring 2019
- This travel grant will fund graduate students traveling to an established interview for either post-graduate positions (i.e. post-docs, academic positions, industry, etc.), professional internships required by one’s academic program, or any professional interview.
- Students do not have to have a final date of interview, but they need to describe the position in detail in their application, and make evident pre-planning and coordination.
- This grant will not fund the travel cost incurred in completing an in-state internship (e.g. mileage, parking, etc) or moving costs for relocation after graduating from ASU. We welcome applications from all graduate students who will be interviewing for post-graduate jobs or internships during the 2018-2019 academic school year.
- Students MUST be enrolled for at least ONE credit hour in the semester in which they are applying for interview travel grant.
BLIND REVIEW PROCESS
You MUST remove your name from any verbiage and/or documentation in your application, e.g. resumes/CVs, the signature line (please just initial as the directions state). Failure to do so negates the blind review process and will result in disqualification of the application.
- In most cases, the Travel Grant will cover costs of airfare, fuel/mileage if driving your own vehicle, ground transportation (taxi, shuttle services, trains, public transportation), hotels/lodging, and meals.
- The cost of your meals can be calculated using the daily rate determined by ASU (per diem) for your destination. To determine this rate, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/travel-perdiem.
- The Travel Grant will not cover the cost of rental cars, phone calls, internet access charges, or any expense prohibited by university policy.
- Expenses paid in cash are not reimbursable. Only pay with credit card or check.
- GPSA will not give travel advances for any reason.
How to Apply
- The Interview Travel Grant application is located on the ZoomGrants website. You must visit this direct link to GPSA’s ZoomGrants page to apply. See How To Submit Your Application in ZoomGrants for instructions. First-time users will have to create a new profile. If you are a reviewer, please make sure to use a SEPARATE email address than the one you have provided for your reviewer profile.
- Applicants are also required to upload a copy of their CV/Resume under “Required Supplementary Documents,” as notated in ZoomGrants. The CV/Resume must not contain identifying information such as your name or e-mail address, in compliance with our blind review process. Applicants without this documentation are not eligible for funding.
- Applications must be submitted by the appropriate deadline. Applications submitted before the listed “open” date will not be reviewed.
- Be sure to complete the entire application. Applications missing information will not be selected for funding. See How To Submit Your Application in ZoomGrants for more instructions on submitting an application.
- GPSA and its administrators are not responsible for technological failure. Technical support can be contacted by visiting the application website.
- GPSA and its administrators are not responsible for any lost, destroyed, or otherwise delayed applications or for any resulting loss of funds by their own negligence.
- No awards are guaranteed, and the GPSA Vice President of Internal Affairs and Vice President of Professional Development may rescind any travel grant for any reason at any time without prior notification.
- Program guidelines are subject to change at any time, with or without notice.
Please note that all applicants for any GPSA program must submit their own unique, individual applications to all GPSA-funded programs. Students are not permitted to take any portion of content from prior student awardees or online sources (i.e., conference websites) for any reason whatsoever. Any student caught using the work (in any portion) from another student or online source, or copying their own material from a prior application, will be considered in violation of GPSA’s policy. Such action will prohibit the student in question from being eligible for the current application in consideration, and may inhibit eligibility for future GPSA funding applications. In summary, each application must be your own original work.
Given that we are a student entity within Arizona State University, GPSA mandates that all students act within the university’s academic integrity policy found HERE.
Please contact the GPSA Director of Travel at firstname.lastname@example.org
OFFICE HOURS – The Director of Travel, Valentine Aglah, will be holding office hours at the Tempe Graduate Student Center to answer applicant questions about all GPSA travel grant programs. Office hours for Fall semester will be held weekly at times TBD.
Log-In to ZoomGrants Directly from GPSA Page
Applicants may use the link below to log-in and apply for travel grant funding from this page.