May 14, 2018 at 4:07 PM #11369
Student Engagement at ASU’s Polytechnic Campus is searching for a Management Intern (Graduate Assistant) for Student Engagement. This part-time position assists with planning and coordination of programs, events, and activities for the Union, Student Engagement, Programming & Activities Board and Changemaker Central; assists in the supervision and evaluation of student staff; provides leadership for programming and events related to service, civic engagement, culture and spirit, pride and tradition; responsible for the planning, coordination, implementation and assessment of events and activities as assigned to foster a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship at ASU; advises students living in Startup Village (a diverse residential community of thinkers and doers who can rely on one another’s expertise, energy and ideas to collaborate and move innovative concepts forward); may provide support for Student Union Operations; serves as an active member of the department, attend meetings, and contribute to departmental goals and objectives.
Union Ptech Administration
EDUC OUTRCH & STDT SVCS
Scope of Search
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$12.98 per hour
· Plans and supports the operational and programmatic efforts of the Union, Student Engagement and Changemaker Central.
· Assist with ensuring facility and programmatic risk management policies and procedures.
· Hire, train, schedule, supervise and evaluate student employees.
· Plan and execute events advancing university and divisional values.
· Serve on campus or university-wide committees that enhance the student experience (e.g. Game Day planning, student wellness initiatives, etc.).
· Complete other duties assigned.
· The anticipated duration of employment for this position is one year from the date of employment. An additional one year extension may be offered contingent upon an annual review.
Schedule and Days: This is a 20 hour per week position, including nights and weekends, with flexible days and hours based on programming needs.
As a Management Intern with Educational Outreach and Student Services, you are required to be enrolled in a Graduate Program during the duration of your employment, and continuation of your employment will be based on your enrollment in a Graduate Program.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field; OR, any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
· Experience in student leadership program development
· Experience in event planning and coordination
· Experience in working with diverse populations
· Experience working with/completing coursework related to social justice, service, innovation and/or entrepreneurship
· Experience in using computer programs (e.g. PC and/or Mac, Adobe, etc.)
· Evidence of effective verbal and written communication skills (composition, grammar, spelling and punctuation)
· Evidence of being enrolled in a Graduate Program at ASU
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.