Aetna dental insurance discontinued?

Home Forums Classified Ads Other Aetna dental insurance discontinued?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Clovis Sangrail 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Author

Clovis Sangrail
    Participant

Hi guys,
    I went to sign up for the Aetna dental on the Aetna student health page, as I always do (my coverage for last year ended on Aug. 31), and it’s not listed as an option. They only list the discount program. Does anyone know if I just missed an enrollment period, or if ASU has quietly discontinued the dental option this year?
    Thanks!

Yes, it was discontinued. The price was going to increase from about $350 to approximately $600 for the year, but still have the same level of coverage (2 included cleanings and up to $1000 for other services). This was Aetna’s pricing for dental insurance, not ASU setting the price. Thus, ASU felt like this was not a good plan for students (since you can often get cleanings for as low as $99 out of pocket and many students don’t need more than 1-2 cleanings per year) and decided to discontinue it.

Clovis Sangrail
    Participant

That’s a shame; wish I had gotten my work done over the summer. Thanks for the quick response!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.