Nominations open: Monday, January 11, 2021
Nominations close: Friday, January 29, 2021
Applications open: Tuesday, February 9, 2021
Applications close: Friday, February 26, 2021
About the Award
Annette Jecker served as GPSA’s administrative support staff for many years. Thanks to her skills and personality, thousands of graduate students benefited from GPSA’s grants, awards, and advocacy programs in a timely manner. She supported the success of ASU graduate students by providing excellent service as well as guidance and advice. When needed she arrived at her desk early or stayed late, and even worked weekends. She greeted all students with a smile and supportive tone, even as she struggled with an illness that ultimately impeded her from continuing to work. She was the glue for the ASU graduate student body and GPSA for many years, and we dedicate this award to her. She helped us not only navigate paperwork but life.
What is the award?
The Annette Jecker Outstanding Staff Award recognizes ASU support staff (not students or faculty) who have contributed significantly to the personal and educational development of graduate and professional students at ASU on all campuses.
Who is eligible?
All staff members who are currently working full-time at any ASU campus.
*Applicants can only receive each award once during the completion of their academic degree.
What is the prize?
Each year two winners are awarded each (1) a monetary prize of $750 (subject to payroll taxes), cross-campus recognition and are honored at the Annual Awards Ceremony in Spring 2020.
What’s the process?
Nomination: January 11- January 29, 2021, 11:59pm MST
- A graduate student must submit a nomination form nominating an ASU staff member for the award.
Application: February 2 – February 17, 2021, 11:59pm MST
- Submit the following documents with the application form:
- A personal statement (no longer than 5 pages) with examples demonstrating how their work as staff contributes to the educational and personal development of ASU graduate students.
- A two-page CV
- Consult the applicant rubric for scoring criteria.
- Applicant Rubric
Application Review: March 1, 2021 to March 8, 2021
- The GPSA Professional Development Committee reviews all the applications and scores them according to the applicant rubric.
Winners notified by: April 14
- GPSA will promptly email award letters to the winners.
- Winners are awarded a $750 prize and a GPSA-endorsed certificate at the prestigious GPSA Awards Ceremony in Spring 2020.
The Annette Jecker Outstanding Staff Award is run by the Office of Professional Development, overseen by Amelia Miholca the Vice President of Professional Development and Neeta Ashok Kumar the Director of Awards.
If you have questions, please contact GPSA’s Awards Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).