The Center for the Future of Arizona (CFA) seeks an ASU Graduate Research Assistant for the 2018-2019 academic year (.50 FTE, 20 hours per week). The Research Assistant will work with CFA leadership in support of marketing communications planning, strategies and activities.
This position is ideal for graduate students with a keen interest in Communications/PR, Marketing, and Organizational Development, and who possess strong research and analysis, verbal and written communication, and project management skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Graduate Research Assistant provides professional-level support to the Director of Strategic Marketing and Communications. Work activities include, but are not limited to, conducting market research; providing analysis/synthesis of data and research finding; supporting strategic planning efforts; conducting event planning and coordination activities; developing and implementing communications for multiple stakeholder audiences; collaborating with leadership, program, and operations staff across the organization as needed.
Candidates must be enrolled (for a minimum of six hours) in a graduate degree program at ASU (preferably in a relevant field). Candidates must be willing to work at the ASU downtown campus.
Candidates must be dedicated, reliable, and able to manage projects independently. Critical thinking, problem-solving and strong writing skills are essential. Candidates must be able to manage concurrent projects and meet deadlines while working in a team environment.
• Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Extensive journalistic writing and editing experience for all media channels.
• Experience with media relations, locally (regional and national is a plus).
• Experience working with social media channels and generating data analytics reports.
• Experience working in an environment subject to tight deadlines and changing priorities.
• Excellent skills in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook) and Salesforce.
• Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse.
• Required to stand for varying lengths of time.
• Travel, involving operation of a motor vehicle.
The Center for the Future of Arizona (CFA) is helping define and shape Arizona’s future through an action-oriented agenda that focuses on issues critical to the state. CFA is a nonpartisan, nonprofit “do tank” that combines research with collaborative partnerships and initiatives that drive the state’s economic prosperity, quality of life and civic health, and create a better future for all Arizonans. For more information about CFA and our current efforts, please visit www.arizonafuture.org.
A compensatory stipend, tuition remission and health insurance benefits will be offered in accordance with the department in which the student is registered. Applications will be considered immediately and the position filled when a suitable candidate is identified.
Please use the subject line “MARCOM RA,” and email cover letter and resume/CV to:
Director, Strategic Marketing and Communications
Center for the Future of Arizona
The priority deadline is April 22, 2018, and applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.