GPSA relies on the support of peer reviewers to process and score applications. Serving as reviewer also strengthens your own travel and research grant applications, as applicants are scored on service to the university.
If you are interested in being a reviewer for any of our travel grant programs, please fill out our interest form here. In this form, you will be able to select which grant program you would like to review for. A GPSA representative will be in touch shortly thereafter.
Reviewers must attend a program-specific reviewer training in the beginning of the semester, and the VP of Internal Affairs and Directors of Travel/Research assign reviewers to research/travel applications each month.
All training sessions will be held on the ASU Tempe Campus.
FALL 2017 Reviewer Training Session Dates:
Research Grant Reviewer Training Sessions:
Monday, August 21, 3-4pm, EDC 117 (Education Lecture Hall)
Tuesday, August 22, 1:30-2:30pm, ART 220 (Art Building)
Reviewers will score 5-10 applications month, depending on volume. Reviewers are not eligible to review applications if they are applying for a travel grant during that month, or if there is a conflict of interest.
Reviewers can review multiple types of applications (e.g. research and travel) if they attend the respective reviewer training. You must attend a training for both research and travel if you would like to review for both programs. You only need to attend ONE of each type of training sessions.
All reviewers (old and new) are required to attend reviewer training in the fall annually. Reviewers only need to attend training once a year in the fall.
For reviewers already confirmed, please refer to the Blackboard training course for more details on reviewing responsibilities.
In summary, to become a reviewer, please follow the steps below:
- Fill out the Volunteer Form on the GPSA website and notate your interest in serving as a reviewer for travel/research or BOTH
- A GPSA representative will contact you soon and ask you to designate which training you will be attending on a Google Form
- The email will also contain updated dates/times of trainings, and directions for accessing the training via Adobe Connect if you are unable to attend in-person
- Make sure to attend a training –we highly encourage applicants to attend training in-person
- Reviewers will have access to a Blackboard course with ongoing training throughout the semester as a reference
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with any questions.