Outstanding Mentor Award Program
No upcoming events scheduled...
P.O. Box 873402
Tempe, AZ 85287-3402
Phone: (480) 727-9870
Recognizing Graduate Student Mentors
The Outstanding Mentor Award, administered by the GPSA Office of Professional Development, recognizes graduate and professional students from all ASU campuses who demonstrate excellence in mentorship.
Individuals are eligible to be nominated if enrolled in at least one hour of graduate level credit. Qualifying mentoring includes work with undergraduate students, graduate students, or community members completed on a volunteer (i.e. unpaid) basis and concurrent with enrollment as a graduate or professional student at ASU. Mentoring through formal programs (e.g., Shades, Big Brothers Big Sisters) qualifies, as does independent mentoring. Mentoring that is financially compensated or a requirement of a paid assistantship or other employment is ineligible for this award.
Nominations and Applications
Nominations will be accepted from a number of different sources including:
- Mentees who are undergraduate or high school students
- Graduate students
- Community members/Organizers
- Staff members
- Faculty members
Self-nominations are not accepted for this program.
Nominations are due February 15, 2017. NEW: DEADLINE EXTENDED TO 2/22/17
To make a nomination, please complete the nomination form.
After the nomination period closes, the Awards team will contact each nominee. Application materials requested are due March 1, 2017.
Application Materials to Review
- Complete ZoomGrants Awards Application
- If you are applying for more than one award, you will need to create an additional alias. The software program will only allow one award to be submitted per email address, in order to prevent duplicate applications.
- You can create an alias through your MyASU by going to Profile -> Contact Details -> Public Email -> Click the pen sign beside Current alias and create a different alias like Alias1. Your email will now be Alias1@asu.edu.
- A Current CV (4 page maximum) focused on service, leadership, and mentorship. Please do not include your name on the CV, as we maintain a blind review process.
The Outstanding Mentor Award sub-committee is responsible for evaluating nominations and applications and selecting awardees. The sub-committee is comprised of members of the Professional Development Committee of the GPSA Assembly and other graduate student volunteers.
Decisions will be made by April 1, 2017 and recipients will receive a monetary award along with official recognition at a GPSA awards banquet in April.
While an overall budget has been set aside for this award, the specific monetary awards dispersed will depend on the number of applicants and the quality of their applications.
For questions, please email the GPSA Awards team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please select an award year: 2013-2014