Graduate Student Organization / Event Funding
No upcoming events scheduled...
P.O. Box 873402
Tempe, AZ 85287-3402
Phone: (480) 727-9870
Graduate Student Organizations (GSOs) may apply for GPSA funding to support ASU events. Applications are limited to $2,000 per event, and may include requests for funding for several events (up to $2000 each) up to 3 months in advance. All expenses must receive PRIOR approval before purchase to be eligible for reimbursement.
The deadline for GSO Funding applications is on the 7th of the month BEFORE the month of your event date. No exceptions.
General Funding Application Process
- Before you start
- Make sure your organization is registered on OrgSync
- Review the Policy and Procedure document thoroughly for detailed requirements
- Prepare a budget for your event (see the template, small example, large example)
- Contact an Assembly Member to discuss your application and be your sponsor
- Seek other funding sources if your request is over $250, and document efforts
- Submitting your application
- Approval Notice
- You will be notified by the Assembly President Pro Tempore within five (5) business days after the next general Assembly meeting (schedule here) if your application has been approved
- Review the GPSA Assembly Post-Event Funding Packet and prepare required forms
- Post your event details on the GradStu listserv at least four (4) days beforehand
- Submit receipts and required forms to the Office Specialist within five (5) business days after your event
- Designated payees will receive reimbursement in 30-60 days
GSO Funding Program Overview
GPSA considers the number of ASU graduate students served, the level of service offered to the university, the enhancement of student professionalism, and the availability of alternative funding sources when making funding decisions. Although requests for department level events and food for small gatherings will be considered, these are deemed a lower priority to events that appeal to wider audiences of graduate and professional students. GPSA may fund events up to $2000, provided evidence of attempts to secure matching funds have been made. Note that any expenses incurred prior to approval of the funding request cannot be subsequently reimbursed.
The following events cannot be funded by the Assembly, as per university policy:
- Activities that subsidize any ASU administrative services
- Activities that discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation
- Activities that have already occurred, prior to Assembly approval
- Activities that support referenda or candidates for elected office
- Activities that are limited to a single political partisanship – if you’re turning people away because of a political affiliation we cannot fund you
This list is not all inclusive; please see the policy and procedure information linked above.