Graduate Student Organizations (GSOs) may apply for GPSA funding to support ASU events. Applications are limited to $2,000 per event, and may include requests for funding for several events (up to $2,000 each) up to 3 but no later than 1 month in advance. All expenses must receive prior approval before purchase to be eligible for reimbursement. Please read the following instructions carefully. All directions must be completed in their entirety. No exceptions will be made to the Funding Policy for any reason. Please note: Funding is not guaranteed.
Please note: As of June 13th 2019 the GSO Funding Page will be undergoing edits for the 2019-2020 Academic Year, we appreciate your patience.
The August 2019 Funding Application will be live starting July 1st 2019 and will close on July 15th 2019 at 11:59PM
GSO Committee Meeting Schedule
GSO Application due dates (applications due by 11:59pm)
- July 15, 2019
- August 1, 2019
- September 1, 2019
- October 1, 2019
- November 1, 2019
- December 1, 2019
- January 1, 2020
- February 1, 2020
- March 1, 2020
- April 1, 2020
GSO Funding and Outreach Meetings (Meetings held at the Tempe GSC from 10-11AM unless otherwise specified)
- July 16, 2019 (Summer Operations Meeting Location TBD)
- August 16, 2019 (Friday)
- September 13, 2019 (Friday)
- October 4, 2019 (Friday)
- November 8, 2019 (Friday)
- December 2, 2019 (Monday 9-10AM)
- January 10, 2020 (Friday)
- February 7, 2020 (Friday)
- March 6, 2020 (Friday)
- April 3, 2020 (Friday)
- The deadline for GSO Funding applications is on the 1st of the month before the month of your event date. Please note the July deadline.
- GSO’s can apply for funding three months prior to your event date
- Large Budget applications should apply ASAP for funding
- GPSA cannot fund events:
- Events held after the end of Fall classes 12/6/2019 through 1/13/2020
- Events following spring graduation 5/11/2020 through the start of Fall 2020 classes
GPSA considers the number of ASU graduate students served, the level of service offered to the university, the enhancement of student professionalism, and the availability of alternative funding sources when making funding decisions. Although requests for department level events and food for small gatherings will be considered, these are deemed a lower priority to events that appeal to wider audiences of graduate and professional students.
The following events cannot be funded by the Assembly, as per university policy:
- Activities that subsidize any ASU administrative services
- Activities that discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation
- Activities that have already occurred, prior to Assembly approval
- Activities that support referenda or candidates for elected office
- Activities that are limited to a single political partisanship –i.e. if you’re turning people away because of a political affiliation we cannot fund you
- Honorariums for faculty or staff of ASU
- Events hosted at private residences will not be considered for funding -i.e. a professor or student’s house
- Events hosted outside of the state of Arizona (see funding guide for details)
- T-shirts over the amount of $250.00
This list is not all inclusive; please see the GSO Funding Information document for comprehensive details.
Assembly President Pro Tempore – Nicole K. Mayberry
Assembly President – Peter Crank
You can also ask questions in the Graduate Student Organization/Event Funding section of the GPSA Forum.