The Office of External Affairs
- Like GPSA on Facebook and Stay Involved!
- ASU president approves sexual violence task force recommendations
- Tutors Needed for Face-to-Face Writers’ Studio @ Downtown
- New Graduate Course: Arizona 2050: Sustainability and the Past, Present, and Possible Future of Arizona
- Call for 2015 Outstanding Doctoral Mentor Nominations
LOCATION: Tempe Campus
START DATE: December 03rd, 2014
LOCATION: Tempe campus
START DATE: December 04th, 2014
LOCATION: Phoenix Zoo
START DATE: December 05th, 2014
LOCATION: Arizona State University
START DATE: March 27th, 2015
The Office of External Affairs is the arm of GPSA that exists to advocate for, with, and on behalf of over 14,000 ASU graduate and professional students. This office oversees GPSA’s advocacy projects, organizes students around relevant issues, lobbies policy makers, and develops graduate student leaders.
The Office of EA has a key role in drafting the GPSA Advocacy Agenda, which sets the policy priorities of the organization and is approved by the GPSA Assembly. This office also plays a key role in drafting internal GPSA bills to define stances on policy issues.
The Office of EA also oversees the External Affairs Committee, which is open to any graduate student, and its main purpose is to aid in drafting the Advocacy Agenda and other internal legislation.
The Office of EA is staffed by a Vice President of External Affairs who works on national issues and directs the office’s operations, Director of Legislative Affairs who works on State issues, and a Director of Student Advocacy who works on local/university issues.