Green Electronics Challenge
- Like GPSA on Facebook and Stay Involved!
- Survey About Social and Financial Experiences, Attitudes, and Behaviors (Chance for $50 gift card)
- Seeking Student Services Assistant at ASU West
- Seeking Romantic Partners to Participate in a Study on How Couples Cope with Stress
- Introducing GPSA GradChallenge
START DATE: December 04th, 2014
START DATE: December 08th, 2014
LOCATION: Tempe Campus
START DATE: December 20th, 2014
Green Electronics: A US-China Maker Challenge is an international online competition focused on preventing the creation of electronic waste (e-waste). The competition is led by partners in the United States and China and is designed to inspire innovation, education, leadership, team-building and intercultural exchange. Our mission is to redefine the concept of “waste”: Yesterday’s cellphone battery could be tomorrow’s treasure. Participants will be invited to upcycle or hack an electronic product to create a new electronic product; repair an electronic product; create a sustainable electronic product; and/or create artwork from used electronic products.
How the Competition Works
To participate, makers from both the United States and China can create green electronics solutions by:
- Repairing an electronic product
- Upcycling or hacking an electronic product to create a new electronic product
- Creating a sustainable electronic product; and/or
- Creating artwork from used electronic products
Makers post how they made their green electronics solution on Instructables.com. Applicants can submit as many times as they wish. The how-to videos and photo documentaries for the Green Electronics Challenge will be collected on Instructables.com. Following a round of public voting, a panel of judges will choose an equal number of winners to represent each country. Chinese participants will not be competing against US participants; rather, judges will choose the best selections from the English contest page and the Chinese contest page.
Learn more at www.greenelectronicschallenge.com.