Having Trouble Balancing School with the Rest of Your Life?
- Seeking Romantic Partners to Participate in a Study on How Couples Cope with Stress
- Like GPSA on Facebook and Stay Involved!
- Introducing GPSA GradChallenge
- Statement from GPSA President German Cadenas regarding use of body paint at ASU football games
- Apply for Woodside Community Action Grant by Changemaker Central
START DATE: November 08th, 2014
LOCATION: Tempe Campus
START DATE: November 20th, 2014
The Graduate Women’s Association (GWA) is hosting a Life/School Balance Panel, designed to help graduate students learn strategies for coping with the various parts of our lives. The panel will take place on Thursday, October 3, at 3:00 p.m., in Wrigley Hall 481. Refreshments will be served, so come down to hear our panelists, ask them questions, and have some snacks!
Our three panelists are:
- Shersta Chabot, PhD student in English Rhetoric and Composition,
- Shannon Havener, Master’s degree student in Psychology, and
- Jason Striker, Master’s degree student in Communication and Vice President of Professional Development of GPSA
These three speakers will be talking about their strategies for managing and balancing graduate school with other areas of their lives. Their experiences include living far from family, forming and maintaining serious relationships, volunteering, single parenting, working full-time, and participating in other extracurricular activities. After a brief presentation, there will be time for Q&A and discussion.