Having Trouble Balancing School with the Rest of Your Life?
- Tutors Needed for Face-to-Face Writers’ Studio @ Downtown
- Like GPSA on Facebook and Stay Involved!
- New Graduate Course: Arizona 2050: Sustainability and the Past, Present, and Possible Future of Arizona
- Call for 2015 Outstanding Doctoral Mentor Nominations
- Apply for the US Teaching Assistantship in Austria
START DATE: November 26th, 2014
LOCATION: Tempe Campus
START DATE: December 03rd, 2014
LOCATION: Tempe campus
START DATE: December 04th, 2014
LOCATION: Phoenix Zoo
START DATE: December 05th, 2014
The Graduate Women’s Association (GWA) is hosting a Life/School Balance Panel, designed to help graduate students learn strategies for coping with the various parts of our lives. The panel will take place on Thursday, October 3, at 3:00 p.m., in Wrigley Hall 481. Refreshments will be served, so come down to hear our panelists, ask them questions, and have some snacks!
Our three panelists are:
- Shersta Chabot, PhD student in English Rhetoric and Composition,
- Shannon Havener, Master’s degree student in Psychology, and
- Jason Striker, Master’s degree student in Communication and Vice President of Professional Development of GPSA
These three speakers will be talking about their strategies for managing and balancing graduate school with other areas of their lives. Their experiences include living far from family, forming and maintaining serious relationships, volunteering, single parenting, working full-time, and participating in other extracurricular activities. After a brief presentation, there will be time for Q&A and discussion.